'I love History because we get to learn about life before we were even born and it’s interesting to see how life has changed and developed.'
'We like learning about people in other countries and how people live.'
Zack, Year 6
Throughout school, from Nursery to Year 6 the children are introduced to and delve into the world around them and explore historical events throughout their life time and beyond.
Since September 2014 the History and Geography curriculum underwent some exciting changes, including the topics which are taught and the skills that are assessed. In History, your child will enquire, explore and question different periods of time and cultures in order to improve their historical knowledge of events, people and changes.
The History topics include:
- Changes and events within and beyond living memory.
- Significant people who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age.
- Ancient Egypt.
- The Romans.
- The Tudors.
- Anglo- Saxons and Scots.
- The Victorians.
- Ancient Greece.
- A non- European society.
The Geography topics include:
- Our local area
- A distant locality (linked to weather).
- The UK
- Cities in the UK and Europe
- The USA
- Physical geography related to the water cycle and volcanic and seismic activity.
- Our residential trips allow us to explore other areas such as North Wales (Prestatyn and LLedr hall).